Can A Banana Diet Really Help You Lose Weight?
I recently read an article about how a banana diet can help you lose a lot of weight. It can be a really effective diet, but if you don’t do it right, you’re looking at disaster.
So let’s look at what you need to remember:
Don’t think that a banana diet means eating bananas as your main meal. This would be an unbalanced diet, because even though bananas are delicious, you also need proteins, fats and many other vitamins and minerals to stay healthy. After a while, even a delicious fruit like banana would seem like torture to eat.
Eat two bananas, 3 times a day, at separate times, using them as snacks between meals only. One way (least recommended) is to eat one before then another after each meal. The best way is to eat one banana with each of your three meals, and in addition, one banana between each main meal and after the evening meal, as a “between meals” snack. It’s very important to use them as snacks.
It’s important to eat the bananas with your meals because their live enzymes help you to digest your food more efficiently. A good healthy digestive process is of top importance if you wish to lose fat in the long term.
If you want, you can replace 1 banana with an apple before breakfast and lunch.
Here are some more useful facts about bananas:
- A medium sized banana contains about 108 calories, 27g of carbs, 5 grams of fat
- Known for their potassium, bananas are actually an average source, providing about 13% of the daily intake.
- Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6 and to a lesser extent vitamin C.
- Bananas are an exceptionally rich source of fructooligosaccharide, a compound called a prebiotic because it nourishes probiotic (friendly) bacteria in the colon.
- Bananas contain pectin, which helps proper movement through the digestive tract
- A Bananas glycemic index varies greatly according to its stage of ripeness: Under ripe yields about a 30, while spotted bananas can be well into the 60’s.
I honestly don’t know how much weight you will lose on this or any other diets that use bananas, however you should notice a steady weight loss. It won’t be extremely fast, so if that’s what you’re looking for… forget the banana diet.
So if you’re SICK and TIRED of getting the same old boring weight loss advice… like “Eat more fruits and vegetables, drink 8 glasses of water, jog, etc etc.”, then…
Go to Top Secret Fat Loss Secret and be amazed at what the REAL REASON may be, why you are overweight
If you’re truly serious about losing weight, then go to the link below to find out what the health and food industries don’t want you to know